RexyEdventures is a blog written by a man named Ed Rex, who chronicles the “Adventures of a Deaf and Handsome Luxury Backpacker Travelling the Unexpected.” RexyEdventures is a cleverly named, easy to follow, inspirational blog that makes all of us twenty-somethings reading it want to go out and travel the world.
In 2011, Ed decided that the corporate job life wasn’t for him, and he went on a trip around the world, and decided to never come back. He then started this travelling blog, and has experienced incredible things that we are lucky enough to read about in RexyEdventures. His blog has received a lot of attention, been featured in many travel publications, and has been named one of the top 25 budget travel bloggers by FlipKey, along with many others. Ed has a very unique outlook on the travelling experience that I admire greatly, he writes about his experiences as a deaf traveler, and helps other deaf travelers by sharing his experiences on many disability related platforms.
RexyEdventures has many different parts that go into the “Adventures of a Deaf and Handsome Luxury Backpacker Travelling the Unexpected,” and he has explained each part of that title in his blog, but to enlighten my readers here, we will break it down a bit.
- Isn’t that what we are all looking for when we travel? Ed clearly has an adventurous spirit, and writes about his many exciting adventures that he has taken part in, like throwing himself out of planes.
- Deaf Travel: Ed goes to these places to “prove that independent solo travel for deaf people is truly possible!” His blog is extremely inspiring for anyone, whether they are deaf or not, and offers advice to any of his readers on how being deaf could actually be useful at times.
- Handsome! This section is new to RexyEdventures, which stemmed from his readers’ appreciation of his selfies while traveling. There is now a section called Handsome Travels, in which he encourages any traveler to take at least one selfie on every trip.
- Luxury Backpacker – Ed uses this part of his blog to show people how you can travel with luxury even on a budget, and how he appreciates the small luxuries in life, and wants to share with others how to get them without breaking the bank.
- Travelling the Unexpected: It seems that Ed enjoys being surprised by his destination at times, and will travel somewhere and discover the location without planning to be there at all. These blogs are entertaining, and just further show his adventurous spirit coming out!
Ed’s blog has many different pages that are easy to navigate, very modern, and definitely make the reader want more. One page I like in particular is his travel timeline, where he recounts where he was during different times, and where he went from there. He has it all laid out from the very beginning, sometimes visiting more countries in a month than most people see in a lifetime. And of course, the page is complete with pictures to fill in the experience!
RexyEdventures has at least 650 travel articles of his adventures, with sections for each country he has visited, as well as sections that focus on the rest of his mantra, the deaf travel, luxury budget, handsome travel, and unexpected. On his site, www.rexyedventures.com you can also watch interviews with Ed, travel planning tips, find out how to become a partner of RexyEdventures, or even contact Ed himself.
Overall, Ed has visited 35 countries, 6 continents, done 65 walking tours, and has spent four years blogging professionally about his experiences. RexyEdventures is an INCREDIBLE resource for anyone who is planning on travelling, especially if they are deaf or have hearing loss. He seems to be a great guy, just looking to explore everything this world has to offer, and doesn’t let anything stand in his way.Ed Rex, Travel Editor, Courtesy of RexyEdventures.com